I used a duplicate stitch to do this. It took me all day. Excepting lunch, dinner, dishes, and a frenzied attempt to find the power cord of my friend’s sewing machine in a loaded closet. (It was behind a stack of tubs by the very back wall.) I’m so glad I found it. Whew!
I only got one done. This is sure going to take a long time.
I started this shawl a couple weeks ago. I was okay until I got to the second light blue part. It is 156 stitches, a 3 stitch repeat…. Which I evidently cannot get. Somehow I developed a hole that didn’t look right maybe it was a dropped stitch so I went back stitch by stitch for three rows and started over. Ugh. Then I simply cannot keep the stitches straight and I end up with 157. And then I have to go back and fix the stitches – even though I have been saying k2 together, yarn over, knit 1 over and over. It doesn’t seem to help. Maybe I should only knit this at night after the children have gone to bed. But then I’m tired and I’m not sure I have the power to do it. I really wonder what this will look like when it’s done. If it will look alright or just dumb because of all my mistakes that I couldn’t figure out. I thought this was going to be easy.
I have decided to knit fingerless mittens for four little boys. They will be black and I will double stitch a Death Star, a tiec, R2D2, and a storm trooper face on each pair.
The last time I talked to my dad in person, he said he wanted to come to the big Christmas gathering as Santa Claus. He has a long white beard now and would definitely be the part – excepting the huge belly. So I thought for his present I would make him a Santa hat.
It was an original pattern, gathering two cable patterns from my knit stitch book and composing one of my own. I made a white Pom Pom to put on the top. I hope he likes it. I’m going to make him some Christmas colored knitted driving fingerless gloves too, if I have time.
I really liked this pattern. I’m really going to get more into lace I think.
Can you see where I used the Kitchener stitch to see the ends together?
Me neither! I’m so excited that I actually did it right! And it looks good. I did enjoy this project.
Ding! The mailman rang the doorbell. Oh yay! A lovely pink package. I ordered some lovely Hayfield Bonus DK yarn. I’m making some monster pants with this pattern. Grey, neon green, and navy, should be great! I’m excited.
Isn’t this how every craft session starts? When I started sewing, the was trying to catch my hand as it fed the fabric through the machine.
I put the right sides of the ruffle and the bottom of the apron together. I also put the draw strings next to them as well. I ironed the seam after I was done, and sewed on the pocket.
Trying to get a picture was difficult.
This was as good as it was going to get. It’s a bit big, but she’ll use it for a long time.
Mostly ironing was what I did today. I folded the waist and neck strings right sides together and ironed them. I seamed two sides together, and cut the square edge off diagonally.
Then I turned them right side out.
And ironed them again.
I worked on the pocket, ironing the sides back and hemming the top of the pocket.
I also hemmed the bottom ruffle – after ironing a double fold. I was able to sew a baste stitch to gather it.
Then I heard a two year old whimpering down the stairs. So I picked her up and she’s now sleeping on my lap.
My kids love to be in the kitchen and being my sous chefs. I only have one apron that I bought for my eldest daughter, while my youngest was still an infant. Let’s just say there are fights over the one apron, which is bright pink. I bought it from Hobby Lobby.
During the last part of “nap time” today I cut out these pieces. I traced the main part of the apron onto a newspaper for a template. Then I guesstimated a straight piece for a ruffle, two draw strings to tie together, and a piece to hold it onto the neck (I have no idea if that has a special name or not).
Next I plan to iron all the pieces and hems. I suppose we’ll see how far I’ll get during the next nap time…. which will probably be Monday.