My cousin has decided to become a foster mother. She’s approved for infants to 2 year olds… which means she’s not going to get a lot of sleep. But I thought I’d give her some of my hand knits. I’m using two strands of baby yarn together and a 10 1/2 circular needle. I think this is going to be awesome. After I’m done blocking it, I’m going to put a piece of fabric on the back so you can’t pull the fair isle floats. I’m using a cross stitch pattern as my fair isle pattern. I bought it on Etsy. I’m planning on doing most of them blue, and one of them bright neon yellow. I hope it turns out well.
I have finished knitting this shawl. It’s a Christmas present. I haven’t blocked it yet, and I don’t know when I will because I don’t have any of that equipment yet. At least I’ve got 11 months to figure it out.
The girls both wanted a picture with it.
This one said it was beautiful.
Here’s the back.
I started this pattern, Blossoms by the Brook by Knitty.com. It’s my first shawl attempt. I’m using acrylic worsted weight yarn, an old dye lot, and old brand. Something that doesn’t exist anymore. My grandmother’s yarn stash is getting used. 😀 I’m going to give it to her when it’s done. However…
I did something wrong. Stitches are disappearing all over the place. I don’t know what I did wrong, but I guess that means that I have to start over again. But that’s alright. I’m not sure that the weight of yarn I was supposed to use was worsted weight, so I’m going to use a size 9 needle, instead of a size 8. I ripped it out and started again. I’m still concerned about blocking it because it is acrylic. I know that it is possible, and there are some pins on pinterest and blog posts out there on it, but it seems that it’s not very popular to use acrylic for anything. But not everyone can afford nice yarn, and you probably ought to use what you have before you go and buy more stuff.
I got this in my stocking for Christmas. I had seen it before, but hadn’t thought it worth my money to buy such a thing. I have a couple complaints about it. The cutting tool isn’t sharp, which I suppose is okay for safety and kids, but it makes it rather difficult to cut through the all beef franks that I bought. You have to make sure that it’s exactly lined up with the bottom or it won’t go through. When it does go through, beware, you may get hot dog juice on your glasses or shirt, the fat generally goes everywhere, that’s why I put a paper towel underneath the tool. If your kid doesn’t like the casing of the hot dog, then congratulations, this tool basically peels it for you. I waited to clean it until later that day the first time I used it. Not so the second time. The hot dog fat was really tough to get off if you let it sit there, so definitely rinse it off. You also need to have a tiny scrub brush to get in the crevices to get the hot dog casing out when you clean it. The kids are very amused by me using it. So, if you have it, use it at the table and let your kids see it happening, that’s the best thing about this.
I finally got this scarf done for my husband to his approved length. The last two times I went to the store to buy the yarn for it, it was sold out, so I drove across town to the west side store to buy it.
Somehow my scissor handles broke. I guess I should stop leaving my knitting bag on the ground.
Beard Hat from this pattern. I didn’t quite do the beard like it says, but that’s alright. It was pretty quick knitting with the chunky yarn.
I finished a wreath this morning. And now I’m posting it in the doctors office because I finished my book, am tired of looking at Facebook and Instagram and doing web searches for other doctors who don’t make you wait an hour and 45 minutes and counting before you actually get to see them.
I knit this hat in a couple days. I used a technique I found on pinterest to make the joining in the round to be less obvious. The tip is to slip the first stitch purl wise on the second round of the stripe, then knit as normal. The second picture is to show the joining in the round.
I thought that this yarn and this stitch pattern would be fitting for a man. It seems I have a lot of yarn for girls, but not so much that suit boys. I guess that’s fitting, seeing as I have two toddler girls.
I used size 15 needles and two strands of worsted weight yarn. I think it took me two-three days. Since I didn’t have to think very much about the stitch pattern, I got to read “Bringing it to the Table” by Wendell Berry.