This is the first mitten.
It’s a flip flap mitten that I heavily modified. The original mitten was not a flip flap mitten.
My mom asked me for a thumb to pull back so she could use her phone. I didn’t think it would be good to keep a fair isle pattern with that thumb because of the hole I put it in, so I kept it solid. My mom’s fingers are longer than mine so I had to extend the pattern that I had (which I think that the girl who made the pattern has smaller hands than me). I used a size bigger needles than it called for too.
The second mitten is about 60% done. And then I have to figure out how to block it.
Beard Hat from this pattern. I didn’t quite do the beard like it says, but that’s alright. It was pretty quick knitting with the chunky yarn.
This one I made recently. It took a while to finish it. I used a green foam mold, some silver floral picks, blue yarn, and a glue gun. I started knitting with the blue yarn and it wasn’t working to well, I guess the yarn was old and it was falling apart on me. One of the plys was broken and it effected the strength of the rest of the yarn, it broke the other plys. So this is what I decided to do with the yarn since I didn’t think it was good to throw it away.
I finished a wreath this morning. And now I’m posting it in the doctors office because I finished my book, am tired of looking at Facebook and Instagram and doing web searches for other doctors who don’t make you wait an hour and 45 minutes and counting before you actually get to see them.
I knit this hat in a couple days. I used a technique I found on pinterest to make the joining in the round to be less obvious. The tip is to slip the first stitch purl wise on the second round of the stripe, then knit as normal. The second picture is to show the joining in the round.
I thought that this yarn and this stitch pattern would be fitting for a man. It seems I have a lot of yarn for girls, but not so much that suit boys. I guess that’s fitting, seeing as I have two toddler girls.
I used size 15 needles and two strands of worsted weight yarn. I think it took me two-three days. Since I didn’t have to think very much about the stitch pattern, I got to read “Bringing it to the Table” by Wendell Berry.
I was actually able to knit this hat in one day. I guess I’m getting faster. I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out. It’s an original design… or I guess a modified design between a sweater pattern and a hat.
I finally finished the socks. It’s the first pair I’ve ever made. I’m pretty pleased at the way it turned out.
This is my first sock. I think it’s going well. I’m almost to the toe part.