Blossoms by the Brook

2015/01/img_0355.jpg

I started this pattern, Blossoms by the Brook by Knitty.com. It’s my first shawl attempt. I’m using acrylic worsted weight yarn, an old dye lot, and old brand. Something that doesn’t exist anymore. My grandmother’s yarn stash is getting used. 😀 I’m going to give it to her when it’s done. However…

I did something wrong. Stitches are disappearing all over the place. I don’t know what I did wrong, but I guess that means that I have to start over again. But that’s alright. I’m not sure that the weight of yarn I was supposed to use was worsted weight, so I’m going to use a size 9 needle, instead of a size 8. I ripped it out and started again. I’m still concerned about blocking it because it is acrylic. I know that it is possible, and there are some pins on pinterest and blog posts out there on it, but it seems that it’s not very popular to use acrylic for anything. But not everyone can afford nice yarn, and you probably ought to use what you have before you go and buy more stuff.

Advertisements