Blossoms by the Brook

2015/01/img_0355.jpg

I started this pattern, Blossoms by the Brook by Knitty.com. It’s my first shawl attempt. I’m using acrylic worsted weight yarn, an old dye lot, and old brand. Something that doesn’t exist anymore. My grandmother’s yarn stash is getting used. 😀 I’m going to give it to her when it’s done. However…

I did something wrong. Stitches are disappearing all over the place. I don’t know what I did wrong, but I guess that means that I have to start over again. But that’s alright. I’m not sure that the weight of yarn I was supposed to use was worsted weight, so I’m going to use a size 9 needle, instead of a size 8. I ripped it out and started again. I’m still concerned about blocking it because it is acrylic. I know that it is possible, and there are some pins on pinterest and blog posts out there on it, but it seems that it’s not very popular to use acrylic for anything. But not everyone can afford nice yarn, and you probably ought to use what you have before you go and buy more stuff.

Advertisements

Cool Colored Wreath

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/027/3519880/files/2014/12/img_0265.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/027/3519880/files/2014/12/img_0266.jpg

This one I made recently. It took a while to finish it. I used a green foam mold, some silver floral picks, blue yarn, and a glue gun. I started knitting with the blue yarn and it wasn’t working to well, I guess the yarn was old and it was falling apart on me. One of the plys was broken and it effected the strength of the rest of the yarn, it broke the other plys. So this is what I decided to do with the yarn since I didn’t think it was good to throw it away.

Ribbon Yarn Scarves

DSCN0706

I finished three ribbon scarves. It took me a couple days to finish them. I used pretty big needles, so it went pretty fast. I used three skeins of the yarn, but I still have more of it. I have more black, pink, and light pink(which I haven’t made anything out of yet).DSCN0707 Maybe some trendy girl will like the difference between black and teal. My daughters like the feel of them. Very soft. They’re all youth sized.DSCN0709DSCN0710 DSCN0711

Bernat Max

I’ve been knitting hat after hat after hat. I’ve had this Bernat Max yarn in my stash for a really long time, so I thought I’d use it. I improvised a hat pattern, using two different size needles – 9 and 10 1/2. I like the size 9 needles one. It fits my 3 year old, and the bigger one can fit me.DSCN0685 DSCN0687

I had a couple skeins of white Bernat Max, and I thought I should make more than just hats, so I made a scarf. I cast on 14 stitches on 10 1/2 needles. The chunky parts of the yarn made an X pattern. I was pretty excited when it turned out that way. It was completely unplanned. I’m really pleased with it.DSCN0688 DSCN0689

Hunting Hat

20140624-192936-70176123.jpg

I finished this hat today. It’s in a toddler size. One if my sister -in -laws is pregnant and she and her husband both like hunting/camo stuff. I went to the nice yarn shop and they didn’t have anything like that so I went to Joann’s and they had both military camo and this mossy camo in the Red Heart brand. I like how the stripes came out. I’m going to make some booties to match.

Red and Purple Hat Finished!

I finally finished the hat today that I’ve been working on for a while. It’s for one of my aunts. I used the Be Kind pattern on ravelry. I changed the bulk of the pattern in that I the purl stitches are red and the knit stitches are purple. I have rather fallen in love with stranded knitting, changing colors and so forth. It’s pretty awesome. I’m only modeling it for picture purposes.
DSCN0443

This particular picture has no real purpose except that I like how it looks. 🙂

DSCN0461I actually like the reverse side of the hat better than the right side. I suppose you could wear it however you want.
DSCN0452

This is the right side of the hat.DSCN0434You can wear the solid red part of the hat over your ears or flip it up if you like, as in the rest of the pictures.